Get back into banking with a Utah Non-ChexSystems bank. A negative ChexSystems record can remain 5 years unless you successfully dispute ChexSystems to get it deleted. For consumers with an EWS record, it can last for 7 years unless you’re able to successfully dispute EWS.
Check out our list of second chance checking accounts in Utah. Many second chance bank accounts run a ChexSystems report.
Utah Second Chance Banks and Credit Unions
Upgrade Rewards Checking
The Upgrade Rewards Checking Account offers up to 2% cash back on common everyday expenses at grocery and drug stores, gas stations, monthly subscriptions, restaurants, and cell phone utilities. Plus, account holders get unlimited 1% cash back on all other debit card charges. This account takes less than 10 minutes to open, the process is simple and easy.
Upgrade Rewards Checking Features
- No ATM fee.
- Zero Monthly Fees.
- Zero Overdraft/Insufficient Fees.
- 2% cash back on common everyday expenses and recurring payments and unlimited 1% cash back on every other debit card charge.
- use your Rewards Checking card wherever Visa® is accepted.
- FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
Rewards Checking is offered by Upgrade Inc, a nonbank financial services provider founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, CA. It is made possible by a bank partnership with Cross River Bank, Member FDIC. Upgrade VISA ® Debit Cards issued by Cross River Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Rewards Checking is available in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
Current Checking Account
The Current Checking Account can be opened with a minimum of $10 with a debit card or an existing checking account.
Current Account Features
- $10 minimum opening deposit.
- Savings feature that pays 4.00% APY on balances up to $6,000.
- No overdraft fees when you overdraw by up to $200 with Overdrive™.
- Get your paycheck up to 2 days early with direct deposit.
- Earn points for unlimited cashback at participating retailers.
- Gas station holds immediately credited to your account.
- Send money instantly for free.
- 24/7 member support.
Zions Bank offers the OnBudget Banking account for customers that need a second chance at banking. It’s a no-overdraft-fee bank account that helps keep customers aligned with their financial goals. The checkless account comes with a debit card for making payments and accessing funds. Zions Bank has local statewide full-service branches.
OnBudget Banking Features
- Spend without the worry, there are no overdraft fees, insufficient funds fees, or sustained overdraft fees.
- Open your account with a minimum deposit of $25.
- Move your money digitally with direct deposit, automatic withdrawals, and Zelle®.
- Go paperless with eStatements, eNotices, and eTax Documents.
- Get cash when you need it with no charges at any Zions Bank ATM<./li>
- There is a $5 flat monthly service fee for the OnBudget Banking account.
- Check writing and Online Bill Pay features are not available with the OnBudget Banking account.
American United Federal Credit Union
American United Federal Credit Union offers a “Fresh Start Checking Account” even if you have been turned away by other financial institutions. In most cases, this option is available to members regardless of past credit problems and issues with bounced checks. The account features free online banking and online bill pay, free mobile banking, direct deposit, and a Visa debit card.
Cyprus Credit Union
Cyprus Credit Union offers a Fresh Start Checking account that requires a $25 account opening deposit as well as a monthly fee of $5. After 12 consecutive months with no Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fees and upon your request, Cyprus will convert your account to a traditional Cyprus checking account.
Bank of America
Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking Account is a no-frills account that offers basic banking with the exception of check writing. The monthly fee is $4.95 but it can be waived if you enroll in the Preferred Rewards program.
THe Chase Secure Banking Account has no fees on most everyday transactions. Pay bills, cash checks, and send money – all for a low $4.95 monthly service fee. Customers can access a free credit score and get alerts to help you identify fraud with Chase Credit Journey. Access cash from nearly 16,000 ATMs.
The KeyBank Hassle-Free Account requires a $10 opening deposit. It is a checkless account with no monthly maintenance fees. Customers get a debit card and access to secure mobile banking with none of the fees.
Wells Fargo Bank
The Wells Fargo Clear Access Account offers simple banking with no overdraft or non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees. Stay on track – with no ability to write checks from the account, you can only spend what you have in the account. Customers get the convenience of a contactless debit card, the Wells Fargo Mobile® app, and access to digital payments.
The US Bank Safe Debit Account is a basic account without the checks. The monthly maintenance fee is $4.95 and cannot be waived. Customers get a U.S. Bank Visa® Debit Card, online and mobile banking with mobile check deposit, bill pay, and more. There are no overdraft fees. Customers get free credit score access and
discounts on money orders.