The Surge Mastercard® credit card is one of the few unsecured credit cards designed for people with bad credit.
If your credit scores don’t meet lenders’ expectations take control to improve them. Manage the Surge Mastercard® credit card responsibly by making monthly payments on or before the due date to establish a good payment history.
Demonstrate you can budget and utilize a credit limit well by maintaining your balances under the credit limits.
The Surge credit card does not have the lowest fees but it does report monthly to the three major credit bureaus. Take action to rebuild your credit. Ignoring bad credit does not make it go away.
Surge Credit Card Features
The Surge Mastercard® is issued by Celtic Bank. Founded in 2001, Celtic Bank is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is a privately owned industrial bank chartered by the State of Utah and a leading nationwide small business and residential construction lender.
There are several features on the Surge Mastercard® that you might like.
- Up to $1,000 credit limit doubles up to $2,000! (Simply make your first 6 monthly minimum payments on time)
- All credit types welcome to apply!
- Free access to your Vantage 3.0 score From Experian* (When you sign up for e-statements)
- Initial Credit Limit of $300 – $1,000* (subject to available credit)
- Monthly reporting to the three major credit bureaus
- See if you’re Pre-Qualified without impacting your credit score
- Fast and easy application process; results in seconds
- Free online account access 24/7
- Checking Account Required
The Surge Mastercard® also has a mobile app to help manage your account from anywhere.
Surge Credit Card Application Requirements
It’s easy to complete the online application that will give you an opportunity to reestablish your credit history. And, in most cases, an instant decision is provided.
You’ll need to provide personal information, including your:
- Full name
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Physical address (No P.O. Box)
- Estimated gross monthly income
Manage the Surge Credit Card Online
Enroll in the Free Online Banking Service to do all of the following and more:
- Pay your credit card bill
- Enroll to receive online statements
- View recent transactions
- View previous statements
- View payment history
- View your balance
Why Choose the Surge Card?
For people that prefer keeping money in their pocket or can’t afford to put down a security deposit, Surge Mastercard® is more attractive than a secured credit card to rebuild credit. Plus, they offer a $300 – $1000 credit limit depending on your creditworthiness.
While there are many benefits with the Surge Mastercard® credit card, expect the rates to be on the high side. For example, the Surge Mastercard® charges a Regular APR of 24.99% – 29.99% (Variable).
If you decide to apply for the Surge Mastercard® and you’re approved, we recommend that you don’t carry a balance. Make small charges to the card for gas, lunch or groceries, then pay the bill in full. The interest charges on even a few dollars carried over from month to month can accumulate quickly at this high rate.
Because there is a 25-day grace period from the close of your last billing cycle, you can pay off your statement balance without interest charges.