Bank savings rates remain historically low, currently at 0.05%. But one-way consumers can earn more for their money is through a checking account bonus offer.
Banks use checking account bonus promotions as an incentive to get you to sign up for a new account.
There are many bank promotions currently offered, but not all checking account bonus offers are a good deal for everyone's budget. Some have high minimum balance requirements and monthly fees that could eat into your bonus.
Get paid to open a bank account.
Checking Account Bonus Offers
1. SoFi Money Spending Account – $50 Bonus
Open a SoFi Money Cash Management Account and earn a $50 checking account bonus. Plus, you can get cash back rewards when you spend on a debit card with no account fees.
To earn the $50 bonus you must:
- Make an initial deposit of at least $500.
Spending Account Features:
- Cash account that acts as both a checking and savings account.
- Earn 0.25% APY by either depositing at least $500/month — otherwise, earn 0.01% APY.
- Earn cash back rewards by depositing at least $500/month into your SoFi Money account.
- Free access to 50,000+ Allpoint ATMs worldwide.
- FDIC insurance for up to $1.5 million
About SoFi Money: Social Finance, Inc (SoFi) was founded by Stanford business school students—originally using an alumni-funded lending model to connect recent grads with alumni in their community. Since then SoFi has made a name for itself by offering student loan refinancing, personal loans, mortgage loans, bank accounts, and investment accounts. Learn more.
2. Aspiration Spend & Save Account – $50 Bonus
To earn the $50 bonus you must:
- Earn a $50 cash bonus plus get $25 donated to your favorite charitable cause as well.
- To receive the $50 checking bonus, accounts must be open and in good standing for a minimum of ten business days.
- The account must be funded with a minimum of $10.
Spend & Save Account Features:
- Earn up to 0.50% APY interest on your Save Account.
- Earn 10% cash back at mission-focused merchants like TOMS, Warby Parker, and more.
- Reforest as You Shop – When you swipe your card, we plant a tree.
- Get one out-of-network fee reimbursed per month (on top of no fees at 55,000+ Allpoint ATMs).
- FDIC insurance for up to $2.46 million
About Aspiration Bank: Aspiration opened its online doors in 2015. Aspiration is a financial firm, not a chartered bank. But it partners with banks to make sure the money in your “Spend and Save Account” is protected by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) up to $2.46 million. Aspiration is unique in that they are a socially conscious financial firm that rewards customers who are like-minded. Learn more.
2. Suntrust Essential Checking Account – $200 Bonus
Open a Suntrust Essential Checking Account and earn a $200 checking account bonus.
To earn the $200 bonus you must:
- Open a new SunTrust Advantage Checking account using the promo code “Q220ESSENTIAL” by June 30, 2020.
- Within the first three full months after opening the account, complete at least $500 in Direct Deposits*, per statement cycle**, for two consecutive cycles.
- There is a $100 minimum opening deposit required.
About Suntrust Bank: SunTrust has more than 125 years of history in banking. SunTrust is one of the nation's largest banking companies. SunTrust operates 1,445 retail branches and 2,187 ATMs in Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
4. HSBC Advance Checking Account – $225 Bonus
Open an HSBC Advance Checking Account and earn a $225 checking account bonus.
To earn the $225 bonus you must:
- Open your new HSBC Advance checking account online, using this offer page, by June 29, 2020; and
- Set up Qualifying Direct Deposits into your new HSBC Advance checking account; and then
- Enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $270, on Qualifying Direct Deposits, up to $50 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening.
- You will automatically receive the 3% Cash Bonus in your new HSBC Advance checking account approximately eight weeks after completing that month’s qualifying activities.
About HSBC Bank: HSBC (Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited) started in 1865 and has grown to one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations. It's USA operations serves customers through retail banking and wealth management, commercial banking, private banking, and global banking and markets segments. It operates bank branches in California, Connecticut, Washington, D.C., Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
5. Capital One 360 Checking Account – $25 Bonus
Open a Capital One 360 Checking Account and earn a $25 checking account bonus.
To earn the $25 bonus you must:
- Make an initial deposit of at least $250.
- Make 3 debit card purchases or Zelle payments within 45 days of account opening.
- The $25 bonus will be deposited into your account on Day 50. Only available for new Capital One 360 customers.
About Capital One Bank: Capital One Financial Corp was started in 1988 and is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, the bank operates branches in New York, Texas, Maryland, the District of Columbia, New Jersey, and Louisiana. It offers a range of financial products and services and specializes in auto loans, credit cards, banking, and saving products.