Traditional bank loans can take anywhere from a few days up to two weeks to process. People needing emergency loans don't have that kind of time.
The best place to look for fast emergency loans is from online lenders. You can apply for a loan directly from your smartphone. But make sure those online lenders are direct lenders. That makes a big difference.
Many online lenders are not direct lenders. They simply have you complete a loan application then sell your loan application to a direct lender. Don’t do that when you need an emergency loan, it may take days for approval and funding.
A direct lender is a financial institution that will decide whether or not you qualify for the loan – this is what borrowers seeking emergency loans need. Fast and complete funding within a few days.
Direct Lenders for Fast Emergency Loans
|About Upgrade: Upgrade provides personal loans to borrowers with loan amounts ranging from $1,000 to $50,000, ensuring quick funding as early as the following business day. These loans are versatile, allowing borrowers to utilize the funds for various purposes such as consolidating debt, making home improvements, or financing significant purchases. Borrowers who add the Upgrade Rewards Checking account to your personal loan as part of this application process, can receive a $200 welcome bonus if they make 3 debit card transactions within 60 days the account is opened.
2. Universal Credit
|About Universal Credit: Universal Credit Personal Loans started its lending company in 2016, catering to borrowers with less than perfect credit. Universal Credit Personal Loans reports your account activity to Experian, Transunion, and Equifax credit reporting agencies. Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit..
Universal Credit details:
|About OppLoans: OppLoans started in 2012 to give people with less than perfect credit access to no collateral signature loans. If you’ve exhausted all other borrowing options, OppLoans may be the solution in an emergency. While their loans have longer terms than payday loans, OppLoans' rates are like payday loans, ranging from 59% to 160%. Proceed with caution if you decide to accept a loan offer but keep in mind, you can pay this loan off early to save money on interest.
4. Upstart Personal Loan
|About Upstart: Upstart is a lending platform that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to improve access to affordable credit. Founded in 2012 by former Google employees, Upstart is based in California and has partnered with banks across the United States to provide unsecured personal loans to borrowers with good to no credit. Upstart's AI-powered lending platform considers a variety of factors beyond traditional credit scores, such as education, employment, and income, to assess a borrower's creditworthiness. This allows Upstart to offer loans to borrowers who may not qualify for traditional bank loans.
|About LendingPoint: LendingPoint loans start at $2,000 up to $36,500, with funding available as soon as the next business day. Loan amounts are lower than some competitors but no collateral is required. LendingPoint reports payments to two of the three major credit bureaus, which can help improve your credit score over time.
What is an emergency personal loan
An emergency personal loan is a type of loan that can be used to cover unexpected expenses, such as a medical bill, car repair, or home repair. These loans are typically unsecured, which means that you don't need to put up collateral, such as a car or house, to get the loan. Emergency personal loans can be a good option if you need quick access to cash and don't have other sources of funds available.
Benefits of emergency personal loans:
- Quick access to cash. Emergency personal loans can be funded quickly, often within a few days of approval. This can be helpful if you need money to cover an unexpected expense right away.
- Flexible repayment terms. Emergency personal loans typically have flexible repayment terms, which means you can choose how long you want to repay the loan. This can help you manage your monthly payments and budget.
- No collateral required. Emergency personal loans are typically unsecured, which means you don't need to put up collateral, such as a car or house, to get the loan. This can make it easier to qualify for a loan, even if you have bad credit.
Drawbacks to emergency personal loans:
- High interest rates. Emergency personal loans typically have high interest rates, which means you'll pay more in interest over the life of the loan.
- Early repayment penalties. Some emergency personal loans may have early repayment penalties, which means you'll have to pay a fee if you pay off the loan early.
- Debt trap. If you're not careful, emergency personal loans can lead to debt problems. Make sure you can afford the monthly payments before you take out a loan.
If you're considering an emergency personal loan, be sure to compare rates and terms from multiple lenders before you choose one. You should also make sure you can afford the monthly payments before you take out the loan.